Tessier, A.M. (2004). "Input "Clusters" and Contrast Preservation in OT" WCCFL23 Proceedings.
- B.A. Honours, Linguistics, McGill University, 2001 - Advisor Heather Goad
- Ph.D., Linguistics, UMass Amherst, 2007 - Advisor Joe Pater
- 2006-2012: Assistant Professor, Linguistics, University of Alberta
- 2011-2012: Visiting Assistant Professor and Language Learning Research Fellow, Linguistics, University of Michigan
2013-2016: Associate Professor, Linguistics, University of Alberta
- 2016-2017: Lecturer I, Linguistics, University of Michigan
- 2017-2018: Lecturer I, Psychology, University of Michigan
- 2017-2018: Research Investigator, Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Michigan
2017-2021: Adjunct Professor, Linguistics, Simon Fraser University
- 2019-2020: Assistant Professor, Linguistics, University of British Columbia
- 2020-present: Associate Professor, Linguistics, University of British Columbia
Pater, J. and A. M. Tessier. (2005). "Phonotactics and alternations: Testing the connection with artificial language learning" University of Massachusetts Occasional Papers (UMOP) volumer 31.
Tessier, A.M. (2012). "Gradual learning and faithfulness: consequences of ranked vs. weighted constraints" NELS38 Proceedings.
Tessier, A.M. (2009). "Frequency of violation and constraint-based phonological learning" Lingua. 119(1).
Tessier, A.M. (2012). "UseListedError: a grammatical account of lexical exceptions in phonological acquisition" NELS39 Proceedings.
Becker, M. and A. M. Tessier. (2011). "Trajectories of faithfulness in child-specific phonology" Phonology 28.
Jesney, K. and A. M. Tessier. (2011). "Biases in Harmonic Grammar: the road to restrictive learning" Natural Language and Linguistic Theory 29(1).
Tessier, A.M. (2012). "Error-driven learning in Harmonic Serialism" NELS42 Proceedings.
Tessier, A.M. (2012). "Testing for OO-faithfulness in the acquisition of consonant clusters" Language Acquisition. 19(2).
Tessier, A. M., T. Sorenson Duncan and J. Paradis. (2013). "Developmental trends and L1 effects in early L2 learners onset cluster production" Bilingualism: Language and Cognition. 16(3).
Tessier, A.M. (2013). "The nature of regressions in the acquisition of phonological grammars." Proceedings of AMP 2013.
Tessier, A.M. and K. Jesney. (2014). "Learning in Harmonic Serialism and the necessity of a Richer Base; Phonology. 31(1).
Shittu, S. and A.M. Tesser. (2015). "Perceptual Attrition of Lexical Tone among L1 Yoruba-speaking Children in Canada" BUCLD39 Proceedings - Online Supplement.
Tessier, A.M. (2015). "Phonological Acquisition: Child Language and Constraint-Based Grammar" Palgrave Macmillan.
Tessier, A.M. (2016). "Morphophonological acquisition" Handbook of Developmental Linguistics.
McAllister Byun, Tara and Anne-Michelle Tesser. (2016). "Motor influences on grammar in an emergentist model of phonology" Language and Linguistics Compass. 10(9).
Tessier, A.M. (2017). "Learnability and Learning Algorithms in Phonology" Oxford Research Encyclopedia in Linguistics.
LaCara, N., K. Moulton, and A.M. Tessier (eds.) 2017. "A Schrift to Fest Kyle Johnson" Linguistics Open Access Publications. 1.
Tessier, A.M. and M. Becker. (2018). "Vowel but not consonant identity and the very informal English lexicon." Proceedings of AMP 2017.
Human Central Auditory Plasticity; a Review of functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS) to Measure Cochlear Implant Performance and Tinnitus Perception
Basura, G., X. Hu, J. San Juan, A.M. Tessier and I. Kovelman. (2018). "Human Central Auditory Plasticity; a Review of functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS) to Measure Cochlear Implant Performance and Tinnitus Perception." Laryngoscope Investigative Otolaryngology. 3(6): 463-472.
Farris-Trimble, Ashley and Anne-Michelle Tesser. (2019). "The effect of allophonic processes on word recognition: Eye-tracking evidence from Canadian raising" Language. 95(1). e136-e160.
Tessier, A.M. (2019). "U-shaped development in error-driven child phonology". WIREs Cognitive Science vol 10(6). e1505.
Note: the only talks listed currently are recent things, for which there is no associated paper… For any other talks you think I’ve given, freel free to email.
Conference presentation at Penn Linguistics Colloquium, University of Pennsylvania
Conference poster at Annual Meeting of Phonology 2016, University of Southern California
Do you know these sounds? Left hemisphere shows greater activation to high frequency language phonotactics in infants but not in adults
Conference presentation at Biennial Meeting of the Society for fNIRS, University of Paris Dscartes
Invited talk at Manchester Phonology Meeting, Hulme Hall, Manchester UK
Conference presentation at International Child Phonology Conference, Institute for Monolingual and Bilingual Speech, Chania, Crete
For the courses I’m currently teaching, and my office hours, go back to my main page* .
For any courses you think I might have taught in the past, at the University of Alberta, the University of Michigan, Simon Fraser University, Michigan State University, or the 2013 or 2017 LSA Summer Institutes – feel free to email me. <p>
Or! Maybe you would like to see my textbook?!
At the University of Alberta
- Lisa Elliott, B.A. Honours Thesis, 2008.
- Jeff Klassen, B.A. Honours, 2009.
- Marnie Krauss, M.Sc., 2008.
- Tamara Sorenson Duncan, M.Sc. (co-advised with Johanne Paradis), 2010.
- Tsung-Ying Chen, Ph.D. (co-advised with Robert Kirchner), 2012. Generals Papers supervised: Corey Telfer, Saliu Shittu, Lena Vasilyeva, Kayla Day.
At the University of Michigan
- Rennie Pasquinelli, B.A. Honours Thesis (co-advised with Ioulia Kovelman) 2018. Generals Papers supervised: Justin Craft (co-advised with Andries Coetzee).
At the University of British Columbia
Wendy Kwakye Amoako, M.A. thesis committee member, 2020.
- Kaili Vesli, PhD student, in progress
- Emily Sadlier-Brown, Ph.D. student committee member, in progress Generals Papers committees: Alex Nastevski, Alexander Angsonga (in progress)